St. John Ambulance Plaque presented to the Society for safe keeping

The land on which the St. John Ambulance Hall was built on Dynevor Road in the 1930’s was donated by Dr. D. Samuel, whose surgery was located at 39, New Road – the site of the old Post Office.  When the hall was demolished, the plaque commemorating the donation,  was taken by the St. John Ambulance Brigade.  It has now been placed into the care of the Society as it was felt it should be returned to Skewen.  A hand over  took place on August 5th before the Society’s monthly meeting.